When it comes to the smile, we always want our’s to be white and beautiful. However, when it comes to going to a dentist’s office for teeth whitening, we think that maybe we can get the same results by opting for at-home treatment. But for a true San Ramon smile makeover, going to a dentist for whitening is the best thing that you can do.
Getting your teeth whitened by a professional has many benefits, let’s have a look.
- Every teeth whitening treatment bleaching agent is peroxide-based; the treatments that are available on the shelf for at-home treatment have only 3 to 20% peroxide in them; the bleach used in a professional setting has anywhere from 15 to 43% peroxide. This of course goes on to prove that a professional procedure will yield better results.
- When you go to a dentist it is not just teeth whitening that you are getting, you also get other services in addition like gum cleaning, plaque and tartar removal, and a normal checkup because if they see anything out of place they will tell you.
- It takes less time because the dosages are of higher strength.
- It is obviously safer because the professional is always right there to help you with anything, like in case something goes wrong like feeling a strong stinging sensation in the teeth.
- The results that you get from getting your teeth professionally whitened are long-lasting; a lot more than a DIY treatment.
- If your teeth have stains, during self-treatment, it becomes particularly tricky to get them to match the rest of your teeth. However, this problem is easily handled when a professional is whitening your teeth.
- The best thing about getting them professionally whitened is that your teeth are totally in the hands of the professional and thus total responsibility lies with them.
- You also get a customized whitening tray which you can use for your at-home treatments.
- There are health risks that are involved when you are at home, for example, you might leave the bleach for too long which can lead to dehydration of your lips and mouth and trigger sensitivity in your teeth. This risk subsides hugely when the bleach is being handled by a professional.
- The results at home can be uneven but not at a dentist’s office.
Getting your teeth whitened by a dentist is surely worth the money, these 10 benefits prove it.