When it comes to taking supplements, people have a lot of doubts and questions. Simply hitting the gym, taking heavy weights and having supplements sounds good. But, it is also necessary to know what you should exactly take as supplements, to get what you really want to achieve.
So, I have made a list of some supplements that you should take if you really plan to hit the gym to build muscles and have strength.
Whey: Whey is the most common supplement that gym goers take. It is one of the best protein supplement available in the market. The benefits of whey are:
- Build muscles – For proper muscle build up, you need 1g/lbs of protein. In case you are not able to take the proper amount of protein for muscle building, just take one or two scoops of whey protein daily. 1 scoop of whey contains 25 g of protein.
- Easy to prepare – You can easily prepare a glass of protein drink. All you need to do is to take water or milk in a shaker and add scoops of whey protein. Shake well and you have now protein drink ready.
Moreover, they are cheaper compared to other forms of protein. You can even have them at discounted rate using Health Monthly voucher code. You can buy from any brand but make sure they do not contain mass gainers along with added sugars.
Fish oil: For many years, people have been taking supplements rich in omega 3 fats. You can even get this nutrient from food items. Benefits of fish oil are:
- Reduction in inflammation
- Reduction in body fat
- Lowered soreness
- Lowered cholesterol
To get the proper amount of omega 3, you should consume fish many times a week. This can turn out to be expensive and time-consuming. So better take fish oil along with your diet. They are available in liquid form or as capsules. You can take the one that is convenient to you.
Multi-vitamins: Take a balanced food to include all the form of vitamins in your diet. You should take proper levels of vegetables and fruits in your diet to get enough amount of vitamins. You can also get vitamins from eggs, fish and meats. Benefits of vitamins are:
- Good sleep by proper zinc intake.
- Better immunity with the help of Vitamin C.
- Fast recovery from training with the help of iron and calcium.
It is not easy to get all the vitamins in proper amount from food. So vitamin intake in the form of supplements becomes inevitable. Again make sure that you don’t take them in excess as they may have a negative effect too. In case you are on a budget, you can use promo codes while buying them.
Creatine: Creatine is produced naturally in the body around the skeletal muscle tissues. So most of the people do not take them as a supplement. If you are into bodybuilding exercises, creatine intake is good. It helps to increase strength and performance. Creatine is taken in the form of creatine monohydrate.
Yes, it is true that you can continue with your bodybuilding regime even without supplements. But, it will be a slow process and take a long time for visible results. With supplements, you can very soon get on track with your weight training regime.