You need to arrange a check-up with a dentist on a regular basis. Some people choose to go every six months, whilst others will go every year. The choice is up to you.
There are several signs that you should book an appointment with the dentist. What are they?
Your Breath Has Started To Smell
- You might have noticed that your breath is starting to smell, even though you are brushing the teeth twice a day.
- This could be a sign of a number of problems that can be solved by a dentist.
- You might have an ulcer in your mouth or you may be experiencing some tooth decay, which can be dealt with by dental services in Nottingham using simple techniques. Also, you may have a build-up of plaque on the teeth.
- The cause of the bad breath can be identified by the dentist and then it can be solved. You will be advised to take several steps in order to stop the bad breath from returning in the future.
You Have Noticed Discomfort In Your Jaw
- You might have noticed that you are experiencing some discomfort in your jaw.
- This could be because your teeth are crooked. The dentist will be able to install some orthodontic braces to straighten the teeth.
- Another problem might be that your wisdom teeth have started to come through. The wisdom teeth can be removed whilst you are under a local anaesthetic.
You Have Noticed Pain In Your Teeth And Gums
- You might have started to notice that your gums and teeth are painful. This could be due to a variety of different reasons.
- The teeth may have started to decay or there may be a painful hole. The decayed tooth can be removed and replaced. A hole that exposes the nerve can be rectified with a filling.
- Your teeth and gums are going to be pain-free once the dentist has finished their work.
You Notice That Your Smile Is Crooked
- You might have noticed that your smile has become crooked. This could be because the teeth have started to shift because of wisdom teeth underneath. Or you might have lost a tooth, which often causes the smile to appear crooked.
- The dentist will be able to put some orthodontic braces on your teeth to make sure that the teeth are completely straightened.
- They might install a dental implant if one of your teeth is missing.
You Cannot Fit Your Gum Shield Into Your Mouth
- You need your gum shield in order to play a wide array of different sports safely. This might not be possible if your teeth have become crooked or they happen to be missing.
- The dental implants can be installed by the dentist so that the gum shield is going to fit perfectly.
There are several warning signs that you need to pay a visit to the dentist, so make sure that you are inspecting your tongue, gums, teeth and jaw on a regular basis.