Massage therapy classes’ online benefit you by increasing your knowledge about essential fields to help you understand human body and its functions. By enrolling yourself in an online massage therapy training program or by getting enlisted in massage therapy degree classes online, you will be able to develop a basic perception of Physiology (Anatomy) and Pathology.
As an aspiring massage therapist with bright career ahead, these critical fields will help you examine the condition of your client and determine the appropriate massage techniques to be used. Considering that massage therapy is one of the alternative medication techniques, in some situations you do not apply it as the treatment demands oral intake of medicines.
After having perfected your studies of these two subjects, you will be able to go through practical training and learn different techniques that are being practiced in general.
5 Most Popular Massage Techniques to Learn
Depending upon the course, whether it is a diploma course or specialization course, different techniques are being taught in massage therapy classes online. As a massage therapist, you will have a lucrative opportunity to specialize in excess of 80 different kinds of techniques. Still, you should know about the common techniques registered massage therapy clinics offer to patients. For example, following popular massage techniques are offered by familywellnessclinic.com a reputable name in Whitby.
- Swedish massage: It uses 5 basic strokes which includes effleurage (sliding / gliding), petrissage (kneading), friction (cross fiber), tapotement (rhythmic taping) and vibration.
- Reflexology: It works on a principle that our hands and feet have reflexes that link different organs and systems with different parts of the hand.
- Deep tissue massage: It is a combination of barefoot shiatsu and manual medicine which is done without any oil on clothed client. it involves myofascial release, trigger-point therapy and other different techniques as well.
- Acupressure: It is a traditional Chinese massage derived from acupuncture. It involves applying pressure with mainly hands and elbow on acupuncture points of the body.
- Sports massage: It is a manipulative therapy to treat pain and disability. It consists of joint manipulation and mobilization, kneading and manipulation of muscles.
However, if you are enrolled in a massage therapy degree classes online, you will have step-wise exposure to different massage techniques depending upon the course outline of the online class you are enrolled with.
How to Prepare for Licensure Exams with Online Massage Classes
Massage therapy degree classes’ online help you become entry level massage therapist. You will not only gain the fundamental massage techniques, but will also have exposure to a mixture of diversified massage techniques to become a candidate of licensure exams.
Massage classes online teach these techniques in a manner of increasing difficulty levels. For example, basic Swedish massage therapy is taught in every massage school or online therapy sessions as the basic course. It is a common technique which is practiced everywhere around the world. Other techniques are included according to the curriculum of state or federal government.
These classes are designed in a manner that students will have the basic knowledge of majority of techniques that are under practice in the state and all across the country. With theoretical knowledge and periodic training sessions under qualified therapists, you will have the essential skills to compete for a licensed exams designed by respective boards of your country.