Image Source: Unsplash
Teeth whitening treatments have been around for a while, and there are always new methods arriving, as we search for more effective ways to have that Hollywood smile. Like most things, there are myths concerning teeth whitening treatments, and like most myths, there is no real substance behind the ideas, and if you are considering teeth whitening treatment, here are some of the myths debunked.
- Teeth Whitening Toothpastes Work – The manufacturers are all trying to convince us that using their brand of toothpaste will whiten your teeth, but if you want a treatment that works, check out Sailors Bay Dentistry teeth whitening service in Northbridge, where you can have a state-of-the-art teeth whitening treatment that really works.
- Over the Counter Gels Are as Good as Professional Ones – While an over the counter gel might contain hydrogen peroxide, the quantities are inadequate to provide the best results. Talk to your dentist about teeth whitening treatments, and he or she will give you a professional opinion, while also recommending an effective treatment. The manufacturers of over the counter teeth whitening treatments will have you believe that you can have brilliant white teeth if you use their product, yet these treatments cannot compare to the professional treatments that your dentist can perform.
Image Source: Pixabay
- Teeth Whitening Treatment Lasts Forever – It would be nice if this were true, but unfortunately, this is most definitely not the case. Tooth enamel is easily stained, and this process occurs whether you have had teeth whitening treatment or not. Certain foods will cause discolouration of the teeth, such as chocolate, coffee, and of course, tobacco, and abstaining from these will certainly extend the length of time your teeth remain a whiter shade. You might be lucky and see the results for more than a year, but eventually, your teeth will become discoloured, even if you avoid the food and drink that are known to discolour teeth.
- Teeth Whitening Gels Damage your Teeth and Gums – While an over the counter kit might cause gum irritation, a professionally applied treatment will not cause any damage. The best way to achieve the best results is to visit a dentist who specialises in teeth whitening treatments, as the tray is customised to be a perfect fit.
- Strawberries and Lemon Whiten your Teeth – While there is some truth in this, it does come at a cost, as the acids eat away at the tooth enamel, and you can do some serious damage to your teeth if you overdo it. A professional application does not eat away at your tooth enamel, so rather than trying to whiten your teeth by exposing them to destructive acids, visit your local dentist who can make a recommendation that is best suited.
Image Source: Storyblocks
There are indeed many myths about teeth whitening products, and rather than wasting your money on over the counter solutions, you are advised to make an appointment with a local dentist that specialises in teeth whitening treatments. The best approach is a professional one, as you are guaranteed results, and by discussing your needs with the right dentist, he or she can recommend a treatment that best suits you.