Meta: Want a healthy start to the day? How about getting fruit delivered to your workplace
If you are getting tired of the traditional desk snacks that you have at your office, like crisps, chocolates and other unhealthy foods, you may be considering switching your old habits to something a little healthier – like choosing fruit or seeds and nuts instead. Fruit delivery companies may be able to provide you with a basket full of fresh, seasonal fruit for you and your colleagues. Here are some top reasons you may consider this:
- You don’t have to do the work – You don’t have to think about heading to the shop and buying what fruit is left on the shelf. You don’t have to remember to take them into work. You don’t have to think about which fruit is seasonal at the moment. You can rely on the delivery company to bring fruit directly to your place of work.
- It’s healthier – Eating fruit and gives you more brain power during the day meaning you can work more productively. Fruit delivery company Fruitful Office conducted a survey which revealed that there was an 11% increase in staff agreeing that their workplace “enabled them to work more productively” following the introduction of fruit to their office. 70% also ate more fruit when it was there in the office ready for them to eat.
- It makes you and your staff feel valued – The survey also found that 81% of staff thought having fresh fruit available at their desk had “improved their quality of life at work.” This is a huge percentage of people that had a positive experience following the introduction of fruit at work.
- Makes your company look like they really care – Companies that value their staff have a stronger brand image and are likely to attract more candidates for job adverts. People will want to work at the company that looks after its staff. Fruit in the workplace is just a little perk that makes a big difference. A UK survey revealed that 87% of staff would rather be employed by a company that offers health and well-being support. Furthermore, a poll by employeebenefits.co.uk showed that 77% of people think that employers should offer incentives for staff to adopt healthy habits. Providing fruit baskets would be a step in the right direction as far as this is concerned. Staff are far more likely to pick up an apple if it is free and available than go and buy a chocolate bar from the shop to cure those hunger pangs mid-morning.
- You can try different fruits – A fruit basket can contain fruit that you wouldn’t usually buy. There is a real mix of fruit on offer and trying something new is not only good for you but can expand your taste buds and be a real talking point round the office. Having the fruits in the staff room can have a sociable benefit!