Women are known to be strong and resilient. They give birth to children, take care of families, work, and take care of themselves too. As such, their health care needs are sensitive, with reproductive health being one of them. Lucky for you, a South Charleston board-certified OB-GYN is readily available to address women’s needs.
What does women’s health care entail?
As a woman, it can be hard to understand some health problems that you encounter in your life. A woman’s health is as complex and delicate as she is. Women’s health care provides women with medical support through;
- Prescription of birth control
- Contraceptive implants
- Routine visits to the gynecologist
- Infertility services
- Screening for breast and ovarian cancer
- Pap Smears
Routine visits to the gynecologist
A gynecologist is a surgeon who specializes in providing women with sexual and reproductive health services. Your gynecologist has specialized in the female reproductive system; thus, they know what tests to carry out, the causes of your ailment, and the medication to prescribe.
Routine visits to your gynecologist are a way of ensuring that your reproductive health is in its best shape. They will help you understand more about your reproductive system and how it works, tell you things you should do to protect yourself before, during, and after sex, and what different types of vaginal discharge mean. The benefits of routine visits to your gynecologist are:
- It will help you establish your health baseline
- You get advice on the correct method of contraception
- A gynecologist will ask any questions you have about your vaginal health
- It will enable you to know if you have any STIs or STDs
- You will receive care for your pregnancy
What is a pap smear?
A pap smear is a test carried out to check for cervical cancer; it is also referred to as a pap test. A Pap test also shows any changes in the cervical cells that may later turn into cancer; it is done when you are not on your period for more accuracy in the test results.
Infertility in women is a devastating issue when it comes to women who want to bear children. Infertility service options are provided and will enable one to have a child; the services include; In Vitro Fertilization (IVF), egg donor procedures, and Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injections. All of these are just some of the options provided regarding infertility services.
What are the benefits of women’s health care?
Women’s health care involves various tests done to check on reproductive health and women’s general reproductive and sexual health. The services provided are all to ensure they check that your sexual and reproductive health is ok. These are the benefits of women’s health care services;
- You get a variety of tests done in one place
- You can see a gynecologist for check-ups and treatment
- You can detect any abnormalities and diseases and get treated in time
- It saves you time and energy as all tests can be found in the same service
- You have access to an expert in women’s health care
For the best top-tier women’s health care services, Patel & Patel, M.D., Inc., located in West Virginia, has a board-certified obstetrician and gynecologist, Kiran Patel, MD, who offers the best services. Your women’s health problems can be cared for to the fullest and to your liking.