Elderly people are oftentimes heard saying that during their days, the incidence of severe health problems or lifestyle related disorders was almost unheard of. This can be mainly attributed to the fact that in the yester years, people had more of natural food as compared to processed food that are extensively incorporated in the daily diet regime of every household today. And for this reason more and more people are facing health issues that are eventually straining the wallets. But the concept of the paleo diet plan is different. It will encourage you to eat stuff that is natural and food items that are not subjected to unwanted preservative treatment. Let us delve deeper into the essence of this diet plan.
Caveman Diet explained
Also referred to as the Cavemen diet plan, this plan is all about avoiding pre packaged, processed, and foods that have been subjected to chemicals in the form of preservatives. There are restrictions as far as certain categories of foods are concerned and you are expected not to include the same in your diet the moment you embark upon the paleo diet plan journey while there are certain groups of food you can continue or incorporate in your diet regime. In the paragraphs that follow, the same will be discussed.
Foods to avoid
In the list below, the food items mentioned are the ones that you ought to curtail from your daily food intake. These include the following-
- Grains (it is a well known fact that grains have been around only after agricultural practices became rampant during the course of evolution so it is not natural but cultivated by man)
- Packaged or semi prepared food available in packets that you are just required to heat and serve on the table
- Dairy products, which however, will not include grass fed butter and yoghurt
- Flour and related products
- Refined sugar
- Cereal grains
Foods allowed in the paleo diet plan
As far as the food items that you are allowed to take during the course of the paleo diet plan essentially include items that are natural and not processed. The list is provided below and include-
- Lean meat
- Natural oils
However, despite the fact that you have the liberty to include the above in your diet, there are certain categories of the above mentioned food stuff that you will be allowed to take. For instance, when it comes to meat, you can include bison, lamb, chicken, turkey, venison, and so on. As far as seafood is concerned, you can take oyster, crab, and mussel. Among natural oils, avocado, coconut, and olive oils are preferred over other types.
From the above list of food items that you are allowed to take, it can be safely said that this diet plan helps you not just with weight loss but has multifaceted benefits that include the following-
- Since you are taking less of artificial processed food, your chances of getting sick are reduced greatly
- The diet can be personalized and you can mix and match from a wide array of food choices
- Your energy levels improve remarkably
- You are less prone to allergies
- Your body is getting all the important nutrients that it requires
So, get going for a healthy and most important great looking you in due course!!